Nothing is as unexpected and life changing as the loss of a loved one. Death is an unpleasant subject for all of us, yet we have to deal with the loss of a loved one at some time. A funeral plan affords you the opportunity to bury your loved one with dignity and respect while easing the financial burden on those who are left behind. We offer a funeral plan for anyone under the age of 75. The funds from a funeral plan are paid within 48 hours from the time that ALL the relevant documentation has been submitted for a valid claim.
Funeral Parlours, Burial Societies, Churches and Brokers will be in a position to cover their members for death in order to pay for the funeral of the deceased.
Groups can join under the Riskfin umbrella getting benefits which include well trained admin staff, Funeral Administration Software, advice in connection with the availability of policies and the claim procedure which is efficient.
Nothing can come more unexpected and cause such a drastic change in our lives, than the sudden loss of a loved one. It therefore isn’t surprising that “Death” is such an unpleasant subject for all of us. Yet we have to deal with the loss of a loved one at some time. The trauma of coming to terms with the facts of life will be drastic should there be insufficient funds available for you or your dependants to bury your loved one with dignity. A funeral policy will provide funds towards the burial of your loved one.
If you need peace of mind about your funeral or the funeral of a relative a One Plus funeral policy is the funeral plan for you. Every member of a One Plus policy will have funeral cover equivalent to that of the policy holder.
- One Plus 5 policies. This policy covers you the main member Plus 5 relatives.
- One Plus 9 policies. This policy covers you the main member Plus 9 relatives.
- One Plus 13 policies. This policy covers you the main member Plus 13 relatives.
The “Employee Funeral Benefit” has been specially designed to cater for all staff members including senior management and has been designed to cut out unnecessary down time caused by staff taking time off from work in search of money to bury their loved one.
With this product you, the employer, is able to provide your staff members with the assurance that they will be able to bury their loved one without them having to request a salary advance.
This product only covers the immediate family of the employee i.e.: husband, spouse, with a maximum of six children (under the age of 21 years), or 25 years if the child is studying at a registered educational institution. Maximum entry age is 65 years, this policy can continue as a voluntary scheme after the age of 65 years.
This policy is an add on policy to the main funeral policy which provides a cash payment which will assist the family to pay for groceries for the funeral.
This policy is an add on policy to the main funeral policy which provides a cash payment which will help the family to pay their final respects to the deceased by getting a Tombstone for the deceased’s grave.
This policy is an add on policy to the main funeral policy which provides a cash payment which will help the family to pay for any transport required to transport the mourners to and from the burial site.
The client or Funeral Parlour may submit the death claim documents either via fax, email or hand delivered documents to the Claims Administrator at the Riskfin Funeral Administrators offices. Claims will be processed by the Claims Administrator on the Riskfin Digital System. A SMS will be generated from the system to notify the Claimant or Funeral Parlour of outstanding claim documents.
In the event of a death the Claims Administrator must ensure the completeness and validity of the claim and claim documents before processing a claim:
Completeness of claim documents / application:
- A signed and completed Riskfin Claim Notification form for Funeral claims;
- An original certified copy of the Death certificate not older than 6 months;
- Bank certified bank statement of the policy holder or policy beneficiary not older than 3 months;
- Bank statement for funeral parlour; copy only required once at inception;
- Certified ID copy of the deceased and claimant;
- A copy of the funeral policy’s policy schedule;
- If the death is due to un-natural causes a copy of the police report must be included with the claim documents;
- Copy of marriage certificate if spouse passed away;
- A copy of the BI1663 (Compulsory for all claims);
NOTE:- before a claim is processed a Policy Schedule is generated from the Riskfin system based on the policy holder’s membership number.
The policy schedule provides the following details of the claim:
- The Group or Individual policy holders name;
- Policy Number; Product Description i.e. the premiums and respective benefits covered for;
- Inception date of the policy;
- Terms and conditions of the policy;
- Members assured for the cover;
- Inception date of each member;
- ID number;
- Benefit covered for and Premium;
The next step is for the Claims Administrator to process the claim on the Riskfin system. The Claims Administrator can search for the policy via the policy holders ID number / membership or policy number. This would present the policy holders membership details on the policy.
The following information is verified from the membership data:
- The Member’s Initials and Surname;
- ID Number;
- If the policy is active;
- Inception date;
- The product information i.e. the cover amount;